Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hello!!

Well, I have broken down and started a blog. My sister ( http://theittybittythings.blogspot.com/ )has been an avid blogger for a little over a year now, my wife has been an aspiring blogger and I have several friends who blog. I have gotten to where checking their blogs has become an almost daily occurrence, I read them more than the news. Rather often I will read their blogs and feel like I have something to say about their topic but it doesn't really fit in their comment box so now I have my own soap box I can stand on.

Just so you know a little about me, I am a teacher and coach at a high school and when I am not doing that I love doing home repair or building anything that I can find a reason to build. I use lots of wood and recently received a welder as a gift so I am looking forward to learning to weld. I also enjoy working on cars. I am a master of none of these hobbies but that usually does not slow me down, I usually jump right in keep going until I break something or hurt myself but more often than not my results turn out pretty good.

I think what I'm looking forward to most with this blog is a chance to show off some of my handy work, talk about my travels and spout off about my views on the teaching profession. So if any of that interests you please check back in.

6 comments:

ndh said...

Woohoo...welcome to blogging. Hopefully it will be more consistent than mine. I love the colors...orange!
the wife

cjm said...

Um, I'm totally celebrating my 2nd blogoversary in 11 days... (The Sister)

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere!

The Schoeneman's said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! We will be checking back in on you and what is going on in your amazing state!!

Cheryl said...

Is the orange in honor of Home Depot? I like it!

Jason and Kimbo said...

holy crap....kimbo