Thursday, July 24, 2008

Concerts

This weekend we are getting one last littel getaway before I get back to starting school. We are going to go to Austin for the weekend so I checked to see if any of my favorite bands/singers are playing and found that Rusty Weir is playing at the Saxon Pub. I'm a big fan of his and have only seen him play once and have been wanting to see him live again for quite a while. If you are not sure who he is this is the best I can do, he wrote the song "Don't it Make You Wanna Dance" that Bonnie Raitt sang in the movie "Urban Cowboy". Unfortuantely, Rusty is currently battling cancer so I hope this will not be the last opportunity we have to see him play.

Going to concerts is something I really enjoy doing and again being inspired by my sister I am going to give you my concert list. It is possible that i will miss a few because I forgot or they were just not that memorable.

Rock:
Ozzy Osbourne
Metallica (2)
Van Halen
The Scorpions
Dokken (2)
Poison (3)
Cinderella (2)
Billy Idol
Def Lepard (2)
Journey
Kiss
Kid Rock
Sugar Ray
Sammy Hagar
Iron Maiden
Winger
Motley Crue (2)
Aerosmith

Country (Mostly Texas Country):
Robert Earl Keen (3)
Jerry Jeff Walker (2)
Charlie Robison (lots)
Pat Green (lots)
Corry Morrow (3)
Larry Joe Taylor (lots and lots)
Roger Creagar (lots)
Willie Nelson
Ray Wylie Hubbard
Owen Temple (2)
Honey Brown
Reckless Kelly (3)
Blake Shelton
The Kentucky Headhunters (2)
Billy Joe Shaver
Blind Luck
Back Porch Mary
Dwight Yoakum
Rusty Wier
Max Stallings
The Belamy Brothers
Bruce Robison
Gary P. Nunn
Kevin Fowler
Mickey and the Motorcars
Kenny Chesney (I am so embarrassed to admit this)
Hank Williams Jr.

The list is in no particular order and if you are curious about any of the Texas Country guys go here.

1 comment:

cjm said...

Did I forget anyone?