Monday, May 4, 2009

Random Tidbits

Still getting settled in at the house. Actually not so much settled in, more like painting, hanging pictures, new lights and on and on. I promise to post some pictures after the Re-habitation party this weekend. I don't want to spoil the surprise for the people that can make it. 

My quest to be a non- smoker has started again. I made about 8 days then fell off the wagon for about a week but I jumped back on and am now at about 10 days smoke free. 

I love Craigslist!!!!! For a while now I have been wanting to get a sit-on-top kayak instead of the sit inside that I have so I placed an ad that I would like to trade. It worked. Last Friday I traded for a 14 ft ocean kayak sit-on-top. 

I finished my last principal academy weekend so now I have completed enough that I can officially request my principal certification. I am also getting very close to finishing up college. I graduate in October. 

We finished TAKS testing last week. I'm glad it is behind us but I am anxious to see how my kids did. I would be thrilled if I could get about 60% to pass. Now that we have completed TAKS testing though the kids really don't want to do anything anymore, that may work for some teachers, but not me. I plan on keeping them working till the bitter end. It did remind me of something my uncle said one time. 

"School and church are the only two things that make people happy when they do not get their money's worth"

It took me a while to explain what that meant, eventually they all understood, but still didn't care and agreed that they would still be happy if we didn't do anything. 

All right, I can't think of much more right now, I'll try to get back a little more often.

2 comments:

ndh said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the 10 days! I am so happy for you!
the wife

The Schoeneman's said...

Keep up the great work on not smoking! Perhaps you could pass some of those vibes to Christian?!?!? The baby is due really soon and he wants to quit once he arrives!
Have fun at your party this weekend too! We hope we are able to see you this summer along with the wife! We miss you guys!