Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Depression, confusion, fear and excitement

Only teachers understand this. It's time to go back to work. There is a certain amount of depression at this time of year. For one, it seems like just when you start to get things done around the house it's time to go back to work. You also have to start looking at your "work clothes" that you haven't worn in 2 months and realize that your a$$ has grown over the summer and you need to go get new clothes.

Next there is confusion and fear. What will I teach this year? What will my students be like? Will that t*#d that failed be back to cause me grief? Will the new principal bug me with walk throughs or just let me teach? How long will the line for the copier be? How long will I have to print things at home before our new order gets shipped?

And there is a little excitement, I consider many of my co-workers good friends but after spending every day together for 10 months I don't hang out with them over the summer so I'm excited to see them. I'm excited about trying a few new ideas had over the summer.

It's a very emotional time of year and even though I've been back to coaching for a week and have our first game tonight, part of me is already looking forward to Thanksgiving Break.

1 comment:

klm said...

OMG you sound like Tammy G! Hope this year is a good one! And that "breaks" come quickly.

Good seeing you guys this weekend!