Wednesday, June 25, 2008

World Traveler Returns

Wow!! What a great trip. I feel like I ran for a week straight. I got back from Germany yesterday and am pretty wiped out today but the trip was well worth it. Getting to spend some time with JB and AW was a lot of fun and getting to see some of Europe was a great experience. While there I went to Bamburg, Munich and Nurnburg in Germany and we spent 2 days in Prague. Prague was such a great city, there is just so much to see there that in our 2 days we really just scratched the surface. The Prague Castle with the Cathedral of St. Vitus is absolutely amazing. We spent 6 1/2 hrs at the castle. Other high lights were Charles Bridge and the Apostle clock in old town square. In Bamburg there was the Bamburg Cathedral and St Micheals Cathedral.

One of the funniest things we say was in Munich, we went to a beer festival that was honoring the apprentice brew masters. It was there graduation. We heard the mayor or Munich speak and then the Brew Masters all pledged an oath to the beer laws. When they finished the breweries all gave out free beer in glass pint mugs. We made sure to get to each of the breweries and get a glass before we were done.

It was such a great trip I could write a 10 page report on it but I'll stop here for now. As soon as I get my pictures on the computer I'll post some of them.

1 comment:

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Sounds like fun!! Navy Son spent some time in Prague when he was stationed in Italy - he went to run a marathon there. He said it was an awesome city.

Can't wait to see those pics!