Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day 1.5

It has been a day and a half since my last cigarette. I am attempting to quit smoking again, this is probably the 4th or 5th time that I have tried, once I made it for almost 3 months but for some reason I always go back. I have been chewing the gum but it is just not the same, it does help but part of my habit is sitting outside and sort of taking a break from everything while I have a smoke. The gum does not seem to do the same thing, I really have no need to stop everything while I smack on some gum.

I know it is bad but I have to admit that I enjoy smoking, some of my best freinds smoke and when we are together we tend to smoke a lot, while I was in Germany I think I may have filled my smoking quota for a while since not only do my freinds that I went with smoke but that whole country smokes, you can still smoke in most restaurants.

Normally I would keep my attempt to quit smoking to myself so that if I don't succeed then no one will know that I failed but maybe by letting all of you know that I am trying I will try harder to stick with it.

I'm courious to see if any of you have words of encouragement or advice for this one.

3 comments:

Kim Ellis said...

Yay, yay, yay. You can do it. Just imagine how proud of you we will all be. Kimbo

The Schoeneman's said...

Good Luck!!! You and all the rest of us will be so proud once you kick this habit! Any clues on how to get my other half to begin the long road to quitting?

cjm said...

I'm telling you, I think you need some sort of replacement ritual. We'll just have to figure out what. Maybe the Wii. I'm glad you're a quitter.