Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The past week

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. We spent the weekend in Pennsylvania at my in laws lake house. The Wife was a little emotional since she hasn't been back since her Granddad passed away but she made it just fine and started to make some new memories there. On Saturday we had a little get together for some of the Wife's family that couldn't make it down for the wedding and then we took the boat out that night to watch fire works from the lake. We played around on the boat quite a bit and went driving around to see elk. Over all a really good weekend.




We received one of the coolest wedding gifts at the party, one of the family friends from there is a blacksmith and he made a grill set for us. He used steel cable that be forged into a solid bar the made a fork and a pig tail for us complete with oak handles that he also made. It meant a lot to think that he actually made something for us.


On Monday night we went to watch the Astros play the Pirates at PNC Park. It was my first chance to see a game somewhere other than Minute Maid Park so that was fun. It really is a very nice park and was nice that it was all open. You really get a good view of the city from the stadium. The only downside was that the 'Stros could not hold on to the lead and lost 7 - 10.

One other note I am going to mention is that I have made a full week now in my effort to quit smoking. I wish I could say it was getting easier but it's not, I have actually had dreams about smoking. Regardless though, I have made a week. Woo Hoo!



1 comment:

cjm said...

I've totally been outed.